The Nomads' Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Locations?

+3
Ace Mcleod
Shabster
Chaos
7 posters

Go down

Favorite Locations? Empty Favorite Locations?

Post by Shabster Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:37 pm

I doubt anyone remembers, but back in the day, the RS forums used to have a Locations section. All of the topics were about locations in Gielinor, and there was a surprising variety of topics. It really made RS feel like an adventure game to see everyone post about where they liked to hang out, what public events were going on where, where it's to best do certain things, et cetra. I had a popular topic on there which asked where people would hide if a player hacked RS to become invincible, and was able to attack players anywhere and instantly delete the account of anyone they kill. One day, Jagex completely deleted the Locations section from the forums for no reason. Those kinds of discussions then largely vanished from the RS forums... So let's have some good location discussion here by talking about the simple topic: What is your favorite location(s) in OSRS, and why?

I would say Rimmington and Falador are my classic favorites. I have so many memories from 2006-2008 just running from Falador east bank to the Rimmington house portal, constantly training construction so that I could get an entertaining POH. I never cared about having an efficient house to help me get through the rest of the game. My house, save for pretty good portal and altar locations, was almost exclusively designed for parties. As far as Falador goes, I spent a long time mining coal from the Falador mine and banking in the west bank. I just always found myself hanging out in Falador, especially before the grand exchange was released. And I always feel at home while walking around there.

Other than places that are favorites for classic reasons, there are some I like because they feel adventuresome or out of the way. I love Brimhaven dungeon despite the annoying guard dogs, just because it feels awesome to go down there. On greater demon tasks, I still go to Brimhaven, often keeping low HP with my full DH for the whole task. And you gotta love that jungly music that plays in the metal dragon room. For quest related reasons, I really enjoy being in, and I'm sure Ace agrees with me, Veliaf Hertz's lair under the Canfis trapdoor. The vampire rebellion storyline is my favorite in RS, and you really feel like part of the uprising when going in there. Unlike the Burge De Rott hideout, this one is also practical, offering a shortcut to Barrows. Though it's not as useful and cool anymore due to the extremely overpowered Shades of Mort'ton minigame teleport.

Then, there's a couple places that I have recently started to like a lot: Piscatoris and the Resource Arena. While I spent no time in Piscatoris in old RS, I have spent a lot of time there in OSRS (fishing monks right now while I'm typing this). It has quest connections and requirements, and the cool setting of a northern fishing colony. I'm liking Piscatoris more and more as I fish there. The Resource Arena is something I was close-minded to until Chaos had the awesome idea of going there with the clan. Training in the wilderness was always something I wanted to do back in the day (and believe me, I tried to find a hipster way to do train efficiently in the wild, but to no avail). When the group from our clan was training on all kinds of resources at once while keeping an eye out for PKers, I felt like I was in Stealing Creation or something. I definitely look forward to going back there soon.
Shabster
Shabster
Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon

http://site.google.com/site/nomadslight

Back to top Go down

Favorite Locations? Empty Re: Favorite Locations?

Post by Chaos Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:39 am

Personally, I have a few places I enjoy. I'll name some in no particular order:
1) The creepy church on the far west side of the wilderness. It was a popular pking site back in the day. Also a popular place to lure noobs with their banks in their inventory Very Happy

2) Falador. When I started back in 2003 Falador was a highly populated city. Everyone trained their mining in falador, smithed, and even free traded.

3)The Resource Area in the wild is a new favorite of mine. Its always fun to have the thrill of potentially being attacked while skilling.

4)The Dark Warriors Fortress. Starting around 2004, the Dark Warriors Fortress was a great place for group or ffa pking. Many historic fights took place there, including a fight between Elvemage and Kids Ranqe.

5) Burthrope Games Room. Now the most desolate place in Runescape, Games Room used to be a place many high levels relaxed and hungout with friends. I still enjoy looking around the place sometimes. I recall this place being the only area I ever witnessed Zezima in person, during the height of his RS career.
Chaos
Chaos
White Knight
White Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Shabster Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:55 am

I love your choices Chaos! Can't believe I forgot about the Games Room. Runelink took up many of my days. Hmm, I wonder why I was so slow at gaining levels back then... Some people were scary pro at runelink. I wonder if they were cheating with a connect 4 algorithm program...

Was the Dark Warriors Fortress really that kind of a hub? If so, that's epic. We'll have to start a topic sometime about the old RS community and what public events etc went on.
Shabster
Shabster
Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon

http://site.google.com/site/nomadslight

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:58 am

Shabster wrote:Was the Dark Warriors Fortress really that kind of a hub? If so, that's epic. We'll have to start a topic sometime about the old RS community and what public events etc went on.

Yupp it sure was. It used to be a very dangerous place to hangout lol.
Chaos
Chaos
White Knight
White Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Mcleod Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:50 am

I'll tell about 2 of my favorite places and save the obvious one for last.

1. The area surrounding seers village. For me it always had that mideval, celtic, magical atmosphere with the forests and music. Plus in actual 2007 I spent a really long time there cutting thousands of magic logs(something I never do now) and is how I made the money for my first Dharok's set at age 12. Then I proceeded to test it out on lessers in the karamja volcano. I let my HP drop to 8, and whudaya know...a lesser hits its max and I die. All those hours cutting magics with a rune axe down the drain. At the time it was horrible, but these days I regard it as a significant memory and lesson.

2. Meiyerditch. Why in the world like a decrepit ruined suburb? Well I remember when I first started playing and looking on the world map. I saw this cool looking area called castle drakan and wondered...wow that's cool, how do I get there? It was a while from then that I even figured out how to get into morytania. The entire place feels dangerous, mysterious, and very very adventurous. It wasn't until years later that I found out about the myreque questline. Speaking to Veliaf about infiltrating the Sanguinesti region got me very excited. I finally found out how to get into this place I had always wondered about. I wasn't disappointed! To this day it remains my favorite place in all of runescape. Especially the hideout under the rug. I even built a minecraft base inspired by that place. Morytania is rich in lore, but more importantly it feels rich with lore. Every step I take there makes me feel like Indiana jones. As a player, I mostly enjoy being in places that make me feel like I'm not on the top of the food chain.
Ace Mcleod
Ace Mcleod
Guard
Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Coty Kai Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:04 pm

Nieve's dungeon.

Ive spent many hours in there, slaying away.

Coty Kai
Coty Kai
Elvarg
Elvarg

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragade Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:55 pm

Yeah the Stronghold Slayer Cave is probably my favourite place too Smile
Paragade
Paragade
White Knight
White Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Weldar Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:37 am

I always had a thing for the corp cave.

You and a group (unless you're solo) in a gloomy cave, a cave that houses one of the strongest monsters in all of runescape that literally EATS SOULS.

I also liked elvarg's cave

As a noob no other place in rs could fit the boss fight so well. To to get to this beast you had to go through a ship wreck, demons, and skeletons, to finally fight it inside a freaking  VOLCANO.

Weldar
Weldar
Bat
Bat

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowie Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:14 pm

Slayer tower is one of my favorites.  I have probably spent more time there than anywhere else in the game. I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours hunting for whips.

Edit: also draynor! Back in my early days I quite enjoyed fishing, cutting logs, and lighting fires to cook fish on. I think I liked the appeal of everything being in one place. It was nice not to even have to think to cook my fish.
Snowie
Snowie
Elvarg
Elvarg

Back to top Go down

Post by Coty Kai Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 am

Draynor is a humble place, even after when the wise old man attacked.
Coty Kai
Coty Kai
Elvarg
Elvarg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down