Reoccurring Events & Time Slots

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reoccurring Events & Time Slots

Post by Shabster on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:22 pm

Hey guys. I hope you all know that I'm still looking to make the clan appeal equally to all time zones. To help with this, and scheduling in general, we should establish a few reoccurring events. A majority of our members seem to like having a sense for when events are, yet are too lazy to check the event listings on the site and learn GMT. Bringing a sense of familiarity to event times will help these people. We shouldn't create a system where every scheduled event is at a reoccurring specific time & day each week; many people who will miss these once will also miss them every time because their work etc. schedules are the same each week. But we can and should still have some reoccurring events. These are the types of reoccurring events:

-Floating Time Block (FTB) - This isn't an event exactly, but it's a specific time of day that the clan will always schedule an event for, at some point in the week. Mainly to help maintain a commitment to time zone expansion.

-Same Time, Different Day event (STDD) - This is a reoccurring specific event that always starts at the same time, but the day is different each week.

- Weekly Clan Holiday (WCH)- A reoccurring event that is always on the same day, but the time it happens can vary.

-Nomads' Mission Block event (NMB) - A reoccurring event that is always the same time, day, and event every week.

This is the current official list of weekly event traditions:
NMB - Clan Wars, Mondays at 1am GMT (Sunday night for most)

On this thread, we can discuss changes to this list. Reoccurring events do not have to stay forever if added to here, but should stay for at least 3 weeks. I do expect this list to change a lot. Every Sunday night, the clan will include everything on the event traditions list when making the schedule for the next week. Please bronze stars, don't see this and be discouraged from starting events; you can still start and schedule as many as you like each week. The event traditions list is just to create familiarity with events and help those in international time zones. Like with suggesting one-time events, nobody should be afraid to suggest a reoccurring event for this list, or a FTB. I don't think we need a whole lot more on the list, but like I said, I expect the list to change over time.


Last edited by Shabster on Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:25 am; edited 7 times in total
avatar
Shabster
Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon

Posts : 163
Join date : 2015-07-07
Age : 23
Location : Rimmington

View user profile http://site.google.com/site/nomadslight

Back to top Go down

Re: Reoccurring Events & Time Slots

Post by Coty Kai on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:01 pm

I really love that we have a Graador event on Fridays now Very Happy

Ive been a little busy with IRL lately but will try to be on during those events especially so that I can tank that boss for everyone.
avatar
Coty Kai
Elvarg
Elvarg

Posts : 94
Join date : 2015-07-10
Age : 25
Location : My house

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reoccurring Events & Time Slots

Post by Gecko Man on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:14 pm

I can't ever attend the Friday Graardor event which really, really sucks. I have classes that don't end until an hour into the event. Maybe the day or time will change eventually? I really wish I could attend.
avatar
Gecko Man
Moss Giant
Moss Giant

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-07-08
Age : 98
Location : Gecko City, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reoccurring Events & Time Slots

Post by Shabster on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:37 pm

Gecko Man wrote:I can't ever attend the Friday Graardor event which really, really sucks. I have classes that don't end until an hour into the event. Maybe the day or time will change eventually? I really wish I could attend.

Any suggested times for a second Graardor event?
avatar
Shabster
Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon

Posts : 163
Join date : 2015-07-07
Age : 23
Location : Rimmington

View user profile http://site.google.com/site/nomadslight

Back to top Go down

Re: Reoccurring Events & Time Slots

Post by Time4Gandalf on Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:37 am

Shabster wrote:
Gecko Man wrote:I can't ever attend the Friday Graardor event which really, really sucks. I have classes that don't end until an hour into the event. Maybe the day or time will change eventually? I really wish I could attend.

Any suggested times for a second Graardor event?

I'd say we should probably use a poll instead of having one person suggest it. Poll should be for people who are serious about going though
avatar
Time4Gandalf
Bat
Bat

Posts : 9
Join date : 2015-09-30
Age : 19
Location : Lvl 23 Green Drags

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reoccurring Events & Time Slots

Post by Gecko Man on Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:25 pm

A weekend day would be great, since lots of people have work and or university or something on weekdays. Maybe Sunday? Let's see what other people think though.
avatar
Gecko Man
Moss Giant
Moss Giant

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-07-08
Age : 98
Location : Gecko City, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reoccurring Events & Time Slots

Post by Shabster on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:57 pm

Time4Gandalf wrote:I'd say we should probably use a poll instead of having one person suggest it. Poll should be for people who are serious about going though

I could take the time to ask around the clan for suggestions, but that takes time. We don't have a lot of people that like suggesting event times (not sure why) even though we have lots who like attending events that other people scheduled. I could do a poll, but that would again take time. I've learned that the best way to run events is often to use trial and error with start times, and see what works best; this is usually faster than fishing for a perfect consensus.

Besides having another Graardor event that more people can make, I've also wanted to keep up the event time variety we've been doing. Some people have also wanted to do other GWD bosses. This week I'll combine all these needs by scheduling a God Wars Boss (we'll decide what boss then) event for Sunday at 8pm GMT. If it gets popular, then I may add it to the event traditions list.
avatar
Shabster
Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon

Posts : 163
Join date : 2015-07-07
Age : 23
Location : Rimmington

View user profile http://site.google.com/site/nomadslight

Back to top Go down

Re: Reoccurring Events & Time Slots

Post by Shabster on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:05 am

Clanmates, I've noticed a very obvious lack of desire to do events recently. In the Summer and somewhat in September, we were on fire and people often wanted an event every day. Out of the many bronze stars+ who have the power to schedule and start events, I see hardly anybody doing that. However, I understand that this is partially because I already schedule enough for the week (but still, you'd think at least one bronze star would want to schedule an event each week, or at least make suggestions for the event list that gets made for the next week each Sunday). Part of being a clan leader is reading the psychology of the clan, and responding to it. The good news is that the target minimum events per week has always been only 3, so my expectations for events are not as high as you might think. I often schedule more than 3 because I want to make events as available as possible.

We need to look at this situation in a solution oriented manner. The goal is to make everyone as satisfied as possible, without giving up what our clan stands for. We want to remain a clan that actually does stuff. A clan that doesn't do stuff isn't really a clan, but just a CC. To get activity going, a clan only needs one thing: enthusiasm. More strictness doesn't create activity, more system doesn't do it, and forced events don't do it either. The bottom line is that enthusiasm is the main fuel for clan prosperity. What I'm going to do is scale back on the event traditions list, and make it very bare bones. Until people suggest additions to it, I'm only going to put two FTB's on it; they'll target non-USA time zones. Based on how I predict the clan will psychologically react to this, this will most likely create a period of about 3 weeks in which we have only 1-3 events per week. I predict that when you guys get hungry for events again, I'll get suggestions for the event traditions list. I'm editing the OP of this thread with the updated current weekly list.
avatar
Shabster
Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon

Posts : 163
Join date : 2015-07-07
Age : 23
Location : Rimmington

View user profile http://site.google.com/site/nomadslight

Back to top Go down

Re: Reoccurring Events & Time Slots

Post by Gecko Man on Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:02 pm

Honestly the lack of events and people not having huge urges to schedule and be super active is just simply, everyone is either at school, or working after summer ended. Post-summer time is a busy, and really boring time of year. Sad
avatar
Gecko Man
Moss Giant
Moss Giant

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-07-08
Age : 98
Location : Gecko City, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reoccurring Events & Time Slots

Post by Time4Gandalf on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:43 am

Gecko Man wrote:Honestly the lack of events and people not having huge urges to schedule and be super active is just simply, everyone is either at school, or working after summer ended. Post-summer time is a busy, and really boring time of year. Sad
While you have a point I agree with Shaby in that even at times where there are around 15 people in the cc hardly any people is willing to participate in any given event. While I respect people's goals to skill and advance their stats, I think it's important to remember the original clan philosophy which should be fun over grinding. Seems like too many people are trying to grind imo :/
avatar
Time4Gandalf
Bat
Bat

Posts : 9
Join date : 2015-09-30
Age : 19
Location : Lvl 23 Green Drags

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reoccurring Events & Time Slots

Post by Shabster on Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:35 pm

Time4Gandalf wrote:
Gecko Man wrote:Honestly the lack of events and people not having huge urges to schedule and be super active is just simply, everyone is either at school, or working after summer ended. Post-summer time is a busy, and really boring time of year. Sad
While you have a point I agree with Shaby in that even at times where there are around 15 people in the cc hardly any people is willing to participate in any given event. While I respect people's goals to skill and advance their stats, I think it's important to remember the original clan philosophy which should be fun over grinding. Seems like too many people are trying to grind imo :/

Right on Gandalf. Lots of people active + relatively low amount wanting to do events = less desire to do events. You could argue that people are busier and still have a little time to play, but have to spend their limited time on RS grinding to get enough grind in. But even though this is true for some, its impact is not so big that it's the main problem. One thing I've learned about clan psychology is that holding back on events definitely makes people want them more. So I'm confident that the clan will want events again if we hold back and let most events be ones that I don't start (I think people are getting bored of me) and ones that happen on the spot.
avatar
Shabster
Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon

Posts : 163
Join date : 2015-07-07
Age : 23
Location : Rimmington

View user profile http://site.google.com/site/nomadslight

Back to top Go down

Re: Reoccurring Events & Time Slots

Post by Time4Gandalf on Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:44 am

Shabster wrote:
Time4Gandalf wrote:
Gecko Man wrote:Honestly the lack of events and people not having huge urges to schedule and be super active is just simply, everyone is either at school, or working after summer ended. Post-summer time is a busy, and really boring time of year. Sad
While you have a point I agree with Shaby in that even at times where there are around 15 people in the cc hardly any people is willing to participate in any given event. While I respect people's goals to skill and advance their stats, I think it's important to remember the original clan philosophy which should be fun over grinding. Seems like too many people are trying to grind imo :/

Right on Gandalf. Lots of people active + relatively low amount wanting to do events = less desire to do events. You could argue that people are busier and still have a little time to play, but have to spend their limited time on RS grinding to get enough grind in. But even though this is true for some, its impact is not so big that it's the main problem. One thing I've learned about clan psychology is that holding back on events definitely makes people want them more. So I'm confident that the clan will want events again if we hold back and let most events be ones that I don't start (I think people are getting bored of me) and ones that happen on the spot.

I agree except for the last point, I think your events tend to be more successful because when you're the one organizing it (and you're logged on) people take the event more seriously because they see it as an event that's set in stone. For example if someone else with a lower rank or myself tries to get a few people going for an event people don't see it as an established event and don't take it seriously, thus leading to no attendance and/or failed events.
avatar
Time4Gandalf
Bat
Bat

Posts : 9
Join date : 2015-09-30
Age : 19
Location : Lvl 23 Green Drags

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reoccurring Events & Time Slots

Post by Shabster on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:07 pm

Time4Gandalf wrote:I agree except for the last point, I think your events tend to be more successful because when you're the one organizing it (and you're logged on) people take the event more seriously because they see it as an event that's set in stone. For example if someone else with a lower rank or myself tries to get a few people going for an event people don't see it as an established event and don't take it seriously, thus leading to no attendance and/or failed events.

That's good info, thanks. Don't worry, I will still try my best to organize everything on the temporarily scaled back weekly traditions list.
avatar
Shabster
Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon

Posts : 163
Join date : 2015-07-07
Age : 23
Location : Rimmington

View user profile http://site.google.com/site/nomadslight

Back to top Go down

Re: Reoccurring Events & Time Slots

Post by epiclegacy77 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:30 pm

I like this idea of reoccurring events.

I think there should be an event codenamed (boss hunt) and it could span over a few days and what it will be is where we start at the lowest boss, I think the giant mole and work our way up the list of bosses easiest-hardest.

so for each boss, there could be a minimum time limit of like 2 hours per boss and then after its over it can stop if someone wants it to but if everyone wants it to keep going it can, then after the time for that boss is over, then there is 20 minutes or so to prepare for the next boss.

There could be like 7 planned bosses a day then the next day another 7 then the next another 7,hopefully this would cover all the bosses, of course more numbers can be added later on or lowered,hopefully this can be reoccurring events same days each week, same times,this way people can rely on the same days each week same time to get all bosses in a order and everyone can hopefully get something they need/want/would do fair at.

The events would start early in the morning probably then span to almost nighttime.

maybe there could be a day of rest between each day, instead of the next day after be another list of bosses.for example /Monday bosshunt/Tuesday somethineelse/Wednesday boss hunt/Thursday somethignelse/Friday boss hunt/

the second day could be wilderness bosses only so wilderness bosses doesn't overlap with other days.

this long of a span of time should allow people some time to get in on something boss related especially since if its needed we don't have to make it the exact same three days each week.

I geusse this would go on clan suggestions but I figured would be good recoccuring event so that's why I posted here oops lol

epiclegacy77
Wizard
Wizard

Posts : 13
Join date : 2015-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reoccurring Events & Time Slots

Post by Shabster on Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:52 am

epiclegacy77 wrote:I like this idea of reoccurring events.

I think there should be an event codenamed (boss hunt) and it could span over a few days and what it will be is where we start at the lowest boss, I think the giant mole and work our way up the list of bosses easiest-hardest.

so for each boss, there could be a minimum time limit of like 2 hours per boss and then after its over it can stop if someone wants it to but if everyone wants it to keep going it can, then after the time for that boss is over, then there is 20 minutes or so to prepare for the next boss.

There could be like 7 planned bosses a day then the next day another 7 then the next another 7,hopefully this would cover all the bosses, of course more numbers can be added later on or lowered,hopefully this can be reoccurring events same days each week, same times,this way people can rely on the same days each week same time to get all bosses in a order and everyone can hopefully get something they need/want/would do fair at.

The events would start early in the morning probably then span to almost nighttime.

maybe there could be a day of rest between each day, instead of the next day after be another list of bosses.for example /Monday bosshunt/Tuesday somethineelse/Wednesday boss hunt/Thursday somethignelse/Friday boss hunt/

the second day could be wilderness bosses only so wilderness bosses doesn't overlap with other days.

this long of a span of time should allow people some time to get in on something boss related especially since if its needed we don't have to make it the exact same three days each week.

I geusse this would go on clan suggestions but I figured would be good recoccuring event so that's why I posted here oops lol

Nah, this is a good place to make this suggestion. The reoccurring events list is for events we schedule every week, not every month or something like that. It would be really cool if we actually pulled off this idea each week, but it would span 5-14 hours, which would be a pretty extreme length to commit to each week. I can see us doing it maybe once a month. But it would be too much to add to the weekly event list. Also, I'd want something as epic as a boss marathon to be counted as actual events. But over the course of such a long time period, the odds that a bronze star would be depended on for taking attendance of one segment and lamely not record it would be high. So to ensure that people get credit for attending this (as they should because it's such an epic thing), I would list each boss out as a separate event on the Events page. If something is listed on the events page, then it has to give credit to attendees (therefore someone has to take attendance).

I'd want to schedule a boss marathon a ways ahead of time, unless it was only 6 hours long or less. If you can get someone else to schedule a longer marathon right away then great, but I'm only going to schedule a 6 or less hour marathon to start off. Keep your eye on the Events page.
avatar
Shabster
Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon

Posts : 163
Join date : 2015-07-07
Age : 23
Location : Rimmington

View user profile http://site.google.com/site/nomadslight

Back to top Go down

Re: Reoccurring Events & Time Slots

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum