The Nomads' Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Nomad

5 posters

Go down

Operation Nomad Empty Operation Nomad

Post by Shabster Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:06 am

Update: Most of us are currently in "Nomads FC" clan chat on OSRS!

Please read this announcement if you need more info: https://sites.google.com/site/nomadslight/news/the-end-of-nomads-light

For those participating in Operation Nomad, discuss all things about it here! Operation Nomad is a mission where members of the ended clan Nomads' Light, or involved outsiders, all join the same clan, and move from clan to clan together as necessary. The first step will be to find a suitable first clan, which can be done on this thread, over PM, or in my clan chat. If you guys feel that there is a problem with the clan we're currently in, this is a good place to discuss a switch. Let's stick together throughout our RS lives, and never have to be in a dead or corrupt clan!

My clan chat ("Shaby15") will likely have its channel name changed to the clan chat that everyone is currently in. Though I may make the name "Check Site" for a while in case people don't know about this.

Other than this thread, our Discord chat should be a great way to stay in touch and keep up with goings on in Operation Nomad. Link: https://discordapp.com/channels/98469878893125632/98469878893125632

Last edited by Shabster on Sun May 21, 2017 7:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Shabster
Shabster
Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon

http://site.google.com/site/nomadslight

Back to top Go down

Operation Nomad Empty Re: Operation Nomad

Post by Silver Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:33 pm

Im not going to say that it was nice hanging out. Im neither going to say that I will miss these times. But I will niether say the truth. becouse the truth hurts, in all cenarious. But I will say, that for what ever reason you did this, I'll respect you. And I will also say, that a greater time than this 10 months, no greater osrs experience could be created. And this is true.

I never were that person who could come to the events, as shown in my ranks. But I still loved the clan chat and its people in it. And so I envy those who had time for events. People might have disliked me, hated me, liked me, or just think im utterly wierd, But that didnt change my view on them. No, for me they were 'shabys15's palls and galls'.
I never saw this clan chat as I used to do with other clan chats. I saw this with new eyes. this clan chat had something others didn't. Passion. Passion for Fun experiences.

I didn't care what others thought of me. I didn't care if I so would get scammed by a fellow clan member (looking at you pid, lol). But I did care for the clans interests. I did care for the people visiting it daily just for a talk. I did care.

I never where that person who logged in osrs a day just to play for 16 hours. I never liked the Pvm side of osrs, and I never liked the pure community. And some might say that I never  liked the osrs community. such a horrible community.
Well, that was before I joined this CC. My eyes have re-opened. I can see the light in the dark. I saw the true community hiding in a simple clan owned by a random dude named shaby15. This was the community I had memories off, and to re-explore those exact memories made my year worth it.

But the story ends here. for me.

I will not come back, and some might be glad for that, I will atleast not forget. not forget the moments of joy and passion I had for this clan.

And the times I laughed. So many times I laughed. Living a life where everything is against me every second is horrible. But when I came and logged in osrs, just to chat, all that was behind.
And I will say that, for a Normal clan chat making me forget the troubles of 'everyday' life, that it is something I will cherrish for a long time. I will remember those names who were there. I will remember this clan chat.

I were orginaly going to say that I didn't have anything to say. but that isn't true. Becouse the life i've lived this 1 year, were the life in this clan chat. And that was a wonderful year indeed.

And even though the clan continues to exists through others clans or keeping it like its now, I won't be there. The proposed ending of nomads ligth clan made me realise, that things changes. I didn't want to belive that before, and therefore played osrs as a non-existing proof of that. I thought that If I would do the same things I did back then, everything would be the same. But it isn't. And its thanks for this clan chat I realised that. And Im thankful.

Yes, Im thankful. That would be what I were trying to say. All laughs and tears on the side, Im truly thankful for what this amazing clan chat did for me. What it created.

My name is Carl. I prefer to be called silver. I am truly thankful for everything. Everything. thank you.
Silver signing off.

See you in real life.
Silver
Silver
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by SubaruRally Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:35 am

Hey Silver i like what u said and can understand why u would feel that way about the clan! Too bad we never interacted that much... Anyways... as of today the status on Operation Nomad is... we do not have a clan picked out... So for now we are just giving our clan a month to see how it will suffice. If it is clear we are not going to go anywhere we will definitely be looking for a clan to try for Operation Nomad. We are moved to my clan chat: SubaruRumble. I have ranked everyone i can.. I am so glad we are all staying together, and hope the rest of u will stay with us too. I have enjoyed this clan so much it is my favorite clan... And it is hard to beat the clan i was in back on RS2. So huge thanks to Shaby15 for creating a wonderful clan that exactly fulfilled what i was looking for!!!!

SubaruRally
Spider
Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko Man Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:04 pm

SubaruRally wrote:Hey Silver i like what u said and can understand why u would feel that way about the clan! Too bad we never interacted that much... Anyways... as of today the status on Operation Nomad is... we do not have a clan picked out... So for now we are just giving our clan a month to see how it will suffice. If it is clear we are not going to go anywhere we will definitely be looking for a clan to try for Operation Nomad. We are moved to my clan chat: SubaruRumble. I have ranked everyone i can.. I am so glad we are all staying together, and hope the rest of u will stay with us too. I have enjoyed this clan so much it is my favorite clan... And it is hard to beat the clan i was in back on RS2. So huge thanks to Shaby15 for creating a wonderful clan that exactly fulfilled what i was looking for!!!!

Keep us all updated. I haven't had time to play because school has been insane lately. When I'm back in the game, someone let me know what CC most people have gone to.
Gecko Man
Gecko Man
Moss Giant
Moss Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Mcleod Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:03 am

Sorry I wasn't around on the 23rd. I left that day for fort Lauderdale to see Iron Maiden's first show of their book of souls tour. Been working on that crazy guy by the name of Sir Ike for the past few days too. I like rs3, don't judge me!

It's funny, as I was reading the news, I had rs3 open in the background with the new orchestrated rs theme playing. I got to the end of the story just as the soft ending of the music came. It was like arriving at a mountain summit at the end of a long journey and staring at the sunset. I had to sit there for a moment and marvel at the memories.

You know I'll be honest, there was a time when I had the fire to lead. These days though, that has fizzled out. I also don't have much of a desire to join another big clan, as you know, I have my retirement check. But these guys have become good friends, so I'll hang around. The only real goal I have on old school now is 99 slayer, and I don't see much point in getting it, so I'll probably be on rs3 mostly, for the enjoyable lore and neat new content iron man style so it's not tooo easy. My iron man account's name is Sir Ike in case anyone hasn't figured that out from earlier.

It's been a good one shabs. I'll look back on this year as fondly as I look back on things that happened to me in 2006. It's not often you get to recreate an atmosphere from childhood. I hope you get on occasionally so we can debate more, one of the few that can stand the heat my friend.

lastly, cheers to all you Nomads of shimmering light!
Ace Mcleod
Ace Mcleod
Guard
Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Shabster Sun May 21, 2017 7:42 am

Update! Most of us are currently in "Nomads FC" clan chat on OSRS!
Shabster
Shabster
Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon

http://site.google.com/site/nomadslight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum