The Nomads' Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Forums and FAQ

+5
Test Account 2
God of M0ney
Ace Mcleod
Chaos
Shabster
9 posters

Go down

Welcome to the Forums and FAQ Empty Welcome to the Forums and FAQ

Post by Shabster Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:49 am

Hey everyone. Nomads' Light has its own forums now, so believe it. These forums are not connected to google, so you don't need to log in with your email. Simply register an account by clicking the "register" link at the top.

Time to answer some PFAQ (probably frequently asked questions):

"What's the point in having forums? We already have the clan chat and a forum thread on the RS site."
The clan chat is fantastic and will always be the main form of communication, but a chatbox can't give you everything. Sometimes, people want to type more than 1.5 sentences at a time, or talk about more in-depth stuff. And on forums you can have discussions with someone who isn't currently online. Yes, we do have a forum thread, but it's not a very good place for talking about stuff in general, as people would think we're spamming just to bump the thread. Currently, there isn't a very good way for people to comment on others' blogs, so I thought that each blog could have its own forum topic with a link to the blog, where people can discuss the latest posts.

"How much content is going to be put on here?"
The amount of content depends on how many people use these forums. If these get popular, than there's not much limit to how awesome we could make them. We could really get creative with widget type stuff. If nobody cares about the forums, then It's going stay pretty basic.

"Do I have to go through a confirmation email to make a forum account and use the forums?"
No. You have to put an email, but you do not have to verify it.

"Can others see my email address and IP address?"
Only admins can see your email, and only if they look hard enough. Feel free to use a fake email if you're paranoid about it (you don't have to verify it). Like on most forums, moderators can see your IP address (I tried to make it so they can't, but I couldn't find a way to). I am currently the only moderator and admin though, and I promise never to look at that stuff (unless I had to IP ban someone or something, which is very unlikely). If you don't trust me for some reason (even though I'm the most trustworthy person), I suggest using an IP masking method like the Tor browser.

"How do I change my forum username?"
Click your name on the upper right corner, hit "Edit profile", then go to the "Information" tab. Change your username in that box, then hit Save.

"Will the formatting, colors, banners, etc, be tweaked?"
Yes. I realize that some text in parts of the forums may be the wrong size, the wrong color, slightly too hard to see, etc.. I fixed all the major problems, though. There should also be a banner at the top at some point to make it look better. The degree to how good we make the forums look will depend on how many people use them.
Edit Dec. 18th: I'm satisfied with the text size (though personally I use the forums while zoomed in a little) and generally satisfied with how the forums look, though I still want to change the font to be the same as on the main site. With some help, I may be able to add a banners etc. to make the forums look personalized for the clan.

"What should go on the forums, and what should go on the main site?"
We can put anything on the forums that does not make the main site obsolete. For example, a forum topic titled "Post random vids here!" would not interfere with the "Videos" section of the site, because the Videos section is for a more serious collection of good videos made by clan members, whereas that forum topic would include videos not made by clan members.

"How do I upload an image to the forums?"
To post an image that isn't currently uploaded to the internet, click on the "host an image" button on the toolbar (at the top of the post editor). Browse for the file, then click "Host it". Now it will look like it didn't do anything, but if  you get the screen with three codes, that means it's been uploaded; you just have to copy the BB-code next to "Image" that it provides. Right click on that code and hit "copy", then paste the code in your post.

"How can I stop receiving an email notification every time someone replies to a topic I posted on?"
Click "Profile" on the navbar at the top. Go to Preferences. Next to "Always notify me of replies" select No.

"How do I skip to the latest post on a topic? When I click to go to the post, it just takes me to the first page, or not directly to the latest one"
You have to click on the little white rectangle next to the name of the topic's most recent replyer. At some point, I will see if I can make that symbol bigger, so it's easier to click on.

"I'm a bronze star in the clan chat. How can I get in the bronze usergroup on here?"

Click here, or go to the forum home page and click on "bronze stars" at the bottom where is says "Legend:". Then, request to join the group. Let us know if your request has not been confirmed for some reason when it should be.

I hope these forums will make the site look better, attract new members to help us grow, and most importantly: help you guys enjoy your RS experience even more!

Feel free to say hi right on this topic if you just joined.

Last edited by Shabster on Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:53 pm; edited 12 times in total
Shabster
Shabster
Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon

http://site.google.com/site/nomadslight

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Forums and FAQ Empty Re: Welcome to the Forums and FAQ

Post by Chaos Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:23 am

Woot woot! First!!! Cool
Chaos
Chaos
White Knight
White Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Shabster Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:28 am

The first of all firsts has been posted!
Shabster
Shabster
Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Mcleod Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:54 am

Checking in
Ace Mcleod
Ace Mcleod
Guard
Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by God of M0ney Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:55 am

Awww 4th
God of M0ney
God of M0ney
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Test Account 2 Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:10 am

Test

Test Account 2
Spider
Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by Coty Kai Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:05 am

Oh hello Very Happy
Coty Kai
Coty Kai
Elvarg
Elvarg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Mcleod Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:10 am

Welcome to the Forums and FAQ Sorry_10
Ace Mcleod
Ace Mcleod
Guard
Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by 200B Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:10 pm

Hola Very Happy
200B
200B
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Paragade Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:26 am

By the emperor, would you look at the time

Welcome to the Forums and FAQ 11173310
Paragade
Paragade
White Knight
White Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by D0OBlE ROGUE Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:51 am

ok I found it mabey I can figure out how to work it now Very Happy

D0OBlE ROGUE
Spider
Spider

Back to top Go down

Post by Shabster Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:24 am

Made a couple updates to the PFAQ, to keep it up to date and add more information.
Shabster
Shabster
Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down